“Spring may finally be here and after such a long winter the library is ready for some Fun and Games! Join us in April and May for some terrific programs for preschoolers, school age and families! We will be having our annual reading program for kids ages 2-5 and this year it is the Game On Reading Club! Stop in starting April 9th to get your game board reading log to keep track of your reading and earn stickers and prizes each week! There is no limit to how many kids can participate in the club. There will also be a Lil’ Gamers story class for reading club members, but the spots in these classes are limited and will be filled on a first come first serve basis starting April 9th. Check out our brochure for dates and times or stop in! As always we will have our Love My Library drop in story class for 8 weeks on Fridays at 11am starting April 11th and everyone is invited.
For our friends at SAS, GIS or St. John’s we have lots of fun scheduled after school for you! There will be some Club Penguin activities, Cut the Rope, Angry Birds, Minecraft and, for those of you who like to play old school, a Board Game Blast from the Past! We are also celebrating two important weeks coming up as well. First National Library Week April 14-18 which is during your Spring Break which means the return of Spring Break Drop In Days! Every day during your time off from school there will be two hours of drop in crafts, activities and fun to be had at the library!
Next we are going to celebrate Children’s Book Week, May 11 -17, with another community wide activity. We were so impressed with the way you helped save our gnomes last year, that this year we are playing a Goshen wide Bingo Game. The Goshen’s Book Bingo Bonanza will take place from May 11 – 17 with great fun and prizes for all families who wish to participate so stop in to sign up starting May 5th. On Saturday May 17th we will have a Celebrate Children’s Book Week party on the library lawn to culminate our season of Fun and Games!”
- The Just For Kids Area will close one hour prior to the upstairs Monday through Thursday (7pm). However, we will be open during applicable library hours on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
- Young children should be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Please call 294-6606 ext.104 if you are unable to make a program you pre-registered for. There could be a waiting list.
- If your child has stayed home from school due to illness, please do not bring them to the library.
- Children’s areas of the library are expressly for children and their caregivers.
- In case of inclement weather, please call ahead to see if the library is open or holding scheduled programs.