Summer Reading Program
To register for summer reading programs, click here.
For anyone who was unable to attend this summer’s Family Building Night: Soda Bottle Rockets, please click here for the instructions and click here for the template needed to complete the project!
Hey everyone….it’s time for SUMMER!! Here at the Goshen Public Library we are ready to Fizz Boom Read! with all of our patrons! This year’s summer reading program promises to be a great one and we are looking forward to see all of you at the library to combine science and reading in fun and exciting ways!
For our little ones, we have Summer Tots for ages 10-36 months with an adult and Summer Prerschool for ages 3.5 – 5 years old (not entering K). These fun programs meet once a week for five weeks and enhance early literacy with stories, songs, crafts and games! Registration is on a first come first serve basis and starts on June 2nd.
Those kids entering Kindergarten in September of 2014 – those entering 2nd grade will be our Bookologists this year. Kids entering grades 3-6 will be our Reaction Readers. Both of these groups will be keeping track of their reading in special logs and will earn element tickets for every 30 pages they read! They can then use these element tickets to trade for great prizes in our Story Laboratory. There are also weekly programs for each group to participate in as well as our kickoff event: The Fizz Boom Science Fair!
Our tweens and teens have a lot to look forward to as well! We have volunteering opportunities for anyone entering 6th grade through grade 12 to be our Lab Techs for the younger groups.There will be a great Summer Reading Game for this age too with a variety of activities to do in order to earn entries into our grand prize drawings where we give away $50 Visa gift cards and a Kindle Fire!
Registration for all the reading clubs begins on June 23rd in the Just for Kids Area. Please see our summer brochures for full details or check out our online calendar. Feel free to call (294-6606 ext 104) or stop in to Just for Kids for more information.
- The Just For Kids Area will close one hour prior to the upstairs Monday through Thursday (7pm). However, we will be open during applicable library hours on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
- Young children should be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Please call 294-6606 ext.104 if you are unable to make a program you pre-registered for. There could be a waiting list.
- If your child has stayed home from school due to illness, please do not bring them to the library.
- Children’s areas of the library are expressly for children and their caregivers.
- In case of inclement weather, please call ahead to see if the library is open or holding scheduled programs.