Welcome to winter! Here at the library we are always ready to welcome you in out of the cold! These next few months we will be focusing on Fairytales and Fantasy in some traditional and non-traditional ways! We are looking forward to our next session of Story Classes which will begin the week of January 26th. Please stop in on January 14, 15 or 16 to register by lottery system for Wee Read, Toddletime, Circletime or Preschool classes. There is also a new Tuesday evening book club called “Happily Never After” for kids in Kindergarten through Grade 2 which will register on those same dates. Our Love My Library drop in story class will resume on January 23rd and continue for 9 Fridays from 11-11:30. A new drop in class that we will be trying this term is an ABC’s and 123’s class for ages 3.5, 4 and 5 focused on concepts needed for kindergarten. These will be on Monday afternoons 4:45-5:15pm Jan 5 & 19, Feb. 9 & 23 and March 9 & 23. We can’t wait to share these our love of reading with you!
For our school age kids, we have a second session of our Book Hunt for grades 2-6. Register and pick up your packet to find unique books and earn some prizes. We have a variety of book discussions for different age groups to join and there are several craft drop-in programs to enjoy including a Harry Potter Book Night. To cap off the end of our winter season, we have the return of Spring Break Drop In Days! Every day of Spring Break will hold a new set of crafts and activities! To kick it off is style, on Monday March 30, the Just for Kids Area will be transformed into Fairy Tale Land from 2-6pm. Come be part of your favorite story with crafts, games and activities! We are so excited to share these special events with you so come on down!
- The Just For Kids Area will close one hour prior to the upstairs Monday through Thursday (7pm). However, we will be open during applicable library hours on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
- Young children should be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Please call 294-6606 ext.104 if you are unable to make a program you pre-registered for. There could be a waiting list.
- If your child has stayed home from school due to illness, please do not bring them to the library.
- Children’s areas of the library are expressly for children and their caregivers.
- In case of inclement weather, please call ahead to see if the library is open or holding scheduled programs.