Hello Everyone! Almost all the leaves have fallen to the library lawn and we are happy to be moving into the holiday season! Many of our regular programs have taken a break during these next two months to give everyone time to spend hopefully doing the fun hustle and bustle that comes with the end of the year, but that doesn’t mean we don’t want to see you here at the library! Come in and look at our large selection of holiday books. Take off the chill in our program room and play with some friends. We also have our annual family book club which takes place for four weeks over the winter break. This year it is Frosty Family Book Fun! Join us on Friday December 13th anytime between 3-6pm to celebrate National Cocoa Day and learn more about this fun family program that promotes togetherness and reading! We will give your four weeks worth of guided reading and activities and there are rewards each week!
We will be resuming all our preschool story classes at the end of January with the lottery registration taking place on January 15th, 16th and 17th. Our new brochures with all of our Winter 2014 programs will be available in the library December 9th and should be coming home in your child’s backpack if they are in Scotchtown Avenue or Goshen Intermediate that second week in December.
On behalf of everyone on the Just for Kids staff we would like to wish you a wonderful holiday season and a very happy start to your new year!
- The Just For Kids Area will close one hour prior to the upstairs Monday through Thursday (7pm). However, we will be open during applicable library hours on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
- Young children should be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Please call 294-6606 ext.104 if you are unable to make a program you pre-registered for. There could be a waiting list.
- If your child has stayed home from school due to illness, please do not bring them to the library.
- Children’s areas of the library are expressly for children and their caregivers.
- In case of inclement weather, please call ahead to see if the library is open or holding scheduled programs.