Well library heroes, we defeated that Sinister Summer Slacker! Over 500 of you joined us to take part in our Every Hero has a Story summer reading program and we were so glad to have all of you on board! From our summer tots to our summer teens, we did our best to have something for everyone. We learned about many heroes from here in Goshen with the Meet a Goshen Hero program to throughout the globe with the World Heroes drop in craft. We discovered history heroes with our Civil War program and celebrated fictional heroes with the Camp Half Blood Prep Class and our Find the Superhero Contest each week. Of course it wouldn’t be summer unless we got a bit messy with science heroes thanks to Mad Science of the Mid-Hudson and our Superhero Concoctions. Each week we gathered for storytimes and book shares and Super Tuesday crafts making the most of our library time together.
We finished in super style with a Library Hero Training Party on the front lawn. Our summer readers learned incredible skills at stations like Book Balancing Fire Walk, Library Laser Book Delivery, Dewey Decimal Bullseye and Mighty Magnetic Bookshelf! Of course ice cream was our super power thanks to What’s the Scoop. Upon completion of their training over 200 kids received their final certificate and a free book.
After crunching the final numbers, this Head Library Hero is pleased to announce that this years’ summer readers read ((((drumroll please))))) a record shattering …… 587,750 pages!!!! If that’s not a heroic, I don’t know what it is!!
- The Just For Kids Area will close one hour prior to the upstairs Monday through Thursday (7pm). However, we will be open during applicable library hours on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
- Young children should be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Please call 294-6606 ext.104 if you are unable to make a program you pre-registered for. There could be a waiting list.
- If your child has stayed home from school due to illness, please do not bring them to the library.
- Children’s areas of the library are expressly for children and their caregivers.
- In case of inclement weather, please call ahead to see if the library is open or holding scheduled programs.