Well everyone….we fizzed, we boomed and boy did we read! We had 516 friends as young as 1 year old all the way to those going into sixth grade participate in five weeks of programming and fun. In total, we read close to a half a million pages, circulated 13,262 element tickets and had over 65 programs over five weeks! This summer has been fabulous and the Just for Kids staff couldn’t be prouder of our readers, our teen volunteers and our parents! We appreciate all of our participants tolerating our “sardine can” situation downstairs in the Just for Kids Area. Our standing room only moments are a testament to our success, but illustrate our drawbacks in accommodating everyone who knows the library is such a great place! We would like to extend our thanks to the Goshen Central School District which allows us to use some of their building space for programs,to Brian Crandall and Mad Science of the Mid-Hudson for joining our science fair, to Elizabeth Gerasolo and What’s the Scoop for providing our end of year ice cream and to all of our dedicated teen volunteers who work daily to run our “bank” and “store”.
This fall we are looking forward to inviting you all to “Journey with the Library!” Our preschool story classes will start registering September 17, 18 and 19th. This includes Wee Read (birth-18 months) , Toddletime(18 -36 months w/adult) , Circletime (new 3’s) and Preschool (3.5-5 not yet in K). This session’s Tuesday night story class will be Journeys with Geronimo for kids in grades K-2. We also have our Love My Library drop-in storytime for anyone 5 and under starting on September 19th. Due to a staffing change, our LOL-Relax library club will now be on Mondays and will expand to include anyone age 3 – grade 5. There will be a variety of after school programs, book discussions and family events so click here for our full brochure, stop in to pick one up, or look for it in your child’s backpack from school!
- The Just For Kids Area will close one hour prior to the upstairs Monday through Thursday (7pm). However, we will be open during applicable library hours on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
- Young children should be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Please call 294-6606 ext.104 if you are unable to make a program you pre-registered for. There could be a waiting list.
- If your child has stayed home from school due to illness, please do not bring them to the library.
- Children’s areas of the library are expressly for children and their caregivers.
- In case of inclement weather, please call ahead to see if the library is open or holding scheduled programs.