Happy Children’s Book Week Everyone! We hope you all have been enjoying a good spring time. We having been having lots of fun reading here at the library. Now the Great Goshen Gnome Escape is ON! Papa Gnome is waiting for his little gnomes to return to the library. We are so excited to have 25 families participating (so many more than we expected) and 22 locations hosting gnome houses (again double the original number we had planned!). It just goes to show how important reading can be! We are also looking forward to having lots of families come to our Celebrate Children’s Book Week Party on Sunday May 19th. There will be a magical transformation to the library front lawn and lots of games and crafts to enjoy. Stop in any time from 2-4pm!
In June, be on the lookout for either Miss Kitty, Miss Kathy, Miss Karen or Miss Michelle to be visiting your class. We are coming to tell you about all the fun we have in store for you this summer! We have a fun new theme and we can’t wait to share it with you! I’ll give you a hint: You will need your shovels!
Even as the weather gets nicer and the school year is nearly at an end, we love to see you here at the library. Stop in soon to say hi and find a book to enjoy in a magical sunbeam!
- The Just For Kids Area will close one hour prior to the upstairs Monday through Thursday (7pm). However, we will be open during applicable library hours on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
- Young children should be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Please call 294-6606 ext.104 if you are unable to make a program you pre-registered for. There could be a waiting list.
- If your child has stayed home from school due to illness, please do not bring them to the library.
- Children’s areas of the library are expressly for children and their caregivers.
- In case of inclement weather, please call ahead to see if the library is open or holding scheduled programs.
Online Patch Club
Welcome to the online patch club! All ages can join and families are encouraged to participate. When you are in the library, stop in to the Childrens’ Room to get your name on our Patch Club Bulletin Board. Click on the patch at the left to find this month’s activity. When you have finished, bring the completed project to the Children’s Room to get your patch. Every month will be a new activity to complete and a new patch to earn! Patches can be ironed onto bags, sashes or hats. Hats will be available for purchase at the circulation desk.
Local Hidden Treasures for a Day of Fun:
- Ulster County Alive – provides links to family fun activities
- Dutchess County Tourism – provides links to child friendly places
- Woodstock Farm Animal Sanctuary
- Lawrence Farms
- Catskill Mountain Railroad
- Frosty Fest
- NEA – Read Across America
- Page Turner Adventures
Birthday Party Help:
Puzzles and Games: