Look on Main Street…It’s a bank. It’s a law office. No it’s the Super Library!
Hey everyone it is time to get ready for this year’s GPLHS summer reading program “Every Hero has a Story!” We plan on getting all our young readers and their families to have a truly heroic summer! For our youngest patrons we have Summer Tots (ages 10-36months with an adult) on Monday mornings and Summer Preschool Storytime (ages 3-5 years not entering K in the Fall) on Thursday mornings. Please stop in to the Just for Kids Area or call to register for these classes which start the week of July 6th. For kids entering kindergarten through grade 2, we have the Super Readers reading club with a weekly storytime on Mondays as well as weekly rewards for keeping your reading log. For kids entering grade 3 through grade 6, we have the Book Heroes reading club with a weekly bookshare program on Tuesdays as well as weekly rewards for keeping your reading log.
A new twist this year is that we are encouraging all of our library friends to come Meet a Goshen Hero each week on Thursday afternoons. Come and say hello to some members of our community who do great work to keep us and those around us safe, healthy and happy. We also are encouraging all of our club member to become heroes themselves by contributing to the Goshen Food Pantry and the Goshen Humane Society.
Of course as always, we have weekly contests, a weekly drop-in craft night, take and make projects throughout the program and many special activities to take part in. We are really excited to welcome Nature Nick on July 2nd as our kickoff performer to talk about amazing animal heroes. Mad Science will be joining in the fun once again with some heroes of science. Our families will be invited to engage in a lip sync battle and build a hall of reading! Chuck LaRocca will join us to talk about some local history heroes of the Civil War. Of course, we will cap the whole summer off with a Library Hero Training Party on the front lawn August 6th with fun, games, prizes and ice cream!
Please check out our Brochure for the full details and we can’t wait to be part of your summer!
- The Just For Kids Area will close one hour prior to the upstairs Monday through Thursday (7pm). However, we will be open during applicable library hours on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
- Young children should be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Please call 294-6606 ext.104 if you are unable to make a program you pre-registered for. There could be a waiting list.
- If your child has stayed home from school due to illness, please do not bring them to the library.
- Children’s areas of the library are expressly for children and their caregivers.
- In case of inclement weather, please call ahead to see if the library is open or holding scheduled programs.